Sunday, August 29, 2010

Biblioscopes: Forecast for September for all signs



Willie Dixon
Biblioscopes are the union of bibliomancy, divination through opening books to random pages and pondering the meaning of the phrases, and horoscopes, in that each sign does share certain commonalities, including planetary transits. Once a month I ask the Universe to lead my hands in opening the book to the right page for a month’s worth of good advice for each sun sign. My comments are in italics.


For September I am using The Willie Dixon Song Book (music composed by Willie Dixon). If one man could be considered the backbone of rock n roll, it would be Willie Dixon (1915-1992). His songs have been covered by all the greats, including Elvis, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Foghat, The Doors and Megadeth.




Aries (Mar. 22- April 21)
Let Me Love You Baby

Let me love you baby

Let me love you darlin' 'til your good love drives me crazy 

You may go way too far in pursuing a goal if you don't stop and think. But I have bet you've done that before.  If you are up to it, you may want to try something different this time.

As performed by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Taurus (April 22-May 21)
You can't judge one by looking at the other
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover
Oh can't you see, oh you misjudge me
I look like a farmer, but I'm a lover
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover

Don't you hate it when people judge you before getting to know you?  It's so hurtful. But haven't you been just as guilty of that as anyone else? Take it easy and wait for the right moment to prove yourself.

Here it is by "The Syndicats" but I think everyone's played this tune.


Gemini (May 22- June 21)
We-ell, I can't quit you baby, but I got to put you down a little while 
We-ell, I can't quit you baby, but I got to put you down a little while 
We-ell you done made me mess up my happy home, made me mistreat my only child 

There will be a welcome hiatus from something that's been deeply affecting you. Perhaps you can use this time for some perspective.

Yes, I know Led Zep did this song. But this is probably the version they listened to when they decided to cover it:


Cancer (June 22-July 21)
Too many cooks are gonna spoil the stew
Ain't nobody cookin' but me and you

You gota  real good oven
You got a hot flame too
But let me butter your buns 
While you stir this stew

You will have to collaborate with someone closely. Decide together what the end result is before you start, and perhaps delegate.


I wish Barbecue Bob and the Spareribs would do that one. I think they would make it dirtier.

Leo (July 22-August 21)
I have an axe and pistol, my graveyard train
Shoot tombstone bullets wearing balls and chain
I'm drinking TNT, smoking dynamite
I hope some screwball start a fight

'Cause I'm ready, yeah, ready as anybody can me
Hey babe, listen
I'm ready for you, I hope you're ready for me

I'm glad you are ready for anything, Leo. Don't forget to be ready for people to be nice to you too. 


Virgo (August 22-Sept 21)
I am, a back door man
I am, a back door man
Well the, men don't know, but the little girls understand
When everybody's tryin' to sleep
I'm somewhere making my, midnight creep
Yes in the morning, when the rooster crow
Something tell me, I got to go
I am, a back door man

Sneaky Virgo. Your timing should be pretty good though. I don't think you'll get caught. But remember before you start how terribly guilty you'll feel when it's all over.

Here's Willie Dixon:
The Doors covered this song. I thought the organ counteracted the sex in the song, so I went with Willie.

Libra (Sept. 22-Oct 21)
I ain't superstitious,
but a black cat crossed my trail.
Bad luck ain't got me so far,
and I won't let it stop me now.
The dogs begin to bark,
all over my neighborhood.
And that ain't all.
Dogs begin to bark,
all over my neighborhood.
Mmm-mmm
This is a mean old world to live in,
And I can't face it all by myself, at all.

You'll be using your hope and inner strength to deal with the tough world out there. People will notice and find you attractive.

It's most famous by Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart, but for fun here it is by Megadeth:

Scorpio (Oct 22-Nov. 21)
You jump jump jump here,
You jump jump jump there
You jump jump jump everywhere
You mellow down easy when you really wanna blow your top.

For real mind-blowing fun, take a break from running around doing the things you're supposed to be doing, even the "fun" everyone thinks you should be out having.

From Little Walter

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
 Aint gonna study, study war no more, aint gonna think, think of war no more
Aint gonna fight, fight the war no more, were giving it up, were gonna let it go
Were giving it up, were gonna let it go, were giving it up, were gonna let it go

It's time for you to stand up for peace in the situation. To do that, you may have to let go of a lot of wants and shoulds and suspicions.


No video on this except the best blues band in Romania. I think they do a pretty good job with it:

Capicorn (Dec. 22- Jan 21)
Could be a spoonsful of coffee, could be a spoonsful of tea, just a little spoonful of your precious love, is that enough for me?

You are just going to have to pull yourself together, and politely ask for more.

Cream jamming on Spoonful live. In a red room.

Aquarius (Jan. 22-Feb. 21)
And when the cat is gone you know the mice gon' play. 
That's good advice, good advice
Keep on goin' when you're sure you're right.

I have never known an Aquarius who didn't have a high horse, and they keep it handy when they're sure they're right. But if you keep going on that high horse, some may be having fun behind your back.

Koko Taylor on vocals:

Pisces (Feb.22-Mar 21)
I can look in the skies and predict the rain
I can tell when a woman's got another man
And I'm the one, yes, I'm the one, well I'm the one
The one they call the Seventh Son

Pisces, I have the feeling September will be more magical for you than usual. Your 6th sense will come in handy. Don't be afraid to use it and give people some good advice. 


Covered by Johnny Rivers:

No comments:

Post a Comment