Wednesday, July 7, 2010

SACRED 25--Songs I Can't Live Without #15-6

15. Aloha Steve and Danno, by Radio Birdman

Couldn't go without a '70s tv theme song. Since I watched so much tv.

14. Wild Ride by Instant Death



Incredible bass! Amazing drums! Sleazy lyrics! And that's it! Revenge of the rhythm section.

13. Even If You Don't... by Ween


About loving an addict
Please don't touch my phone book
My friends are getting pissed off
Wake 'em in the morning
Acting like a jerk off

I love you - even if you don't
You've got your knife up to my throat
Why do you want to see me bleed?

I have to confess it was a difficult choice between this, Dr. Rock, Marble Tulip Juicy Tree, and Japanese Cowboy. Just go buy "Paintin' the Town Brown" by Ween. You will be so happy you did.

12. Helter Skelter by The Beatles


Who knew the Beatles did metal?

11. You Hate Me and I Hate You


Jimmy Reject gave me this song and "I Wanna Fuck Myself," which famously begins "lookin' at all you girls out there tonight, I'd rather fuck myself." He thought he was going to scare me. I thought this stuff was hilarious. And I was glad someone was telling the truth.

10. Ride the Wild Gowanus by Simon and the Bar Sinisters


Yes, that is him surfing. But not in the Gowanus canal, the Brooklyn 'canal' that is so polluted the National Guard has to come in. I saw Simon play this song every week live for a whole year, I think.

9. Baby Let's Play House performed by Buddy Holly


I'm addicted to this song. If I don't hear it once or twice a week, I start wondering what's wrong with me.

8. Countdown Love by The Waldos


3-2-1--yeah! 100% fun!

7. Keys to Your Heart by The 101ers


6. Stranded in the Jungle


It's so Bugs Bunny

The boys in the jungle had me on the run
When something heavy hit me like an atomic bomb
When I woke up and my head started to clear
I had a strange feeling I was with cooking gear
I smelled something cookin and I looked to see
That's when; I found out they was a cookin me
Great Cuckoo let me outta her
Meanwhile back in the states

Tomorrow: The final 5, the best of the best!

1 comment:

  1. The real surprises here are "Stranded in the Jungle" and "Aloha Steve and Dano." Both are great, and I refuse to believe Dave Vanian of the Damned never heard Radio Birdman.

    ReplyDelete