Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SACRED 25--Songs I Can't Live Without #20-16

20. Jailhouse Rock by Elvis

my first crush. I was 4, and danced this record till it was all scratched. Jeez, I am still the same.

19. "Bad Like Jesse James"


The baddest blues song ever. Such a dangerous hook!
They gonna tie yo' hands
They gonna tie yo' feet
They gonna gag your throat
Where you can't holler none

An cryin' won't help you none
Set you in the water
Yeah, the bubbles comin' up.
Whoa
Rrrrrrr
Rrrrrrr


18. Sister Ray by the Velvet Underground.

Probably the origin of punk. Plus the rhythm of this song is what I hear in my head when I am not listening to music.

17. Baby Please Don't Go by Them


When that harp wails at the end of the bridge my heart just cries out along with it.

16. White Man at Hammersmith Palais


Peace message from Joe Strummer. With great backing oooos. I first heard this when I was 17 on The Clash's self titled album.

"White youth, black youth
Better find another solution
Why not phone up Robin Hood
And ask him for some wealth distribution"

This is a countdown everybody! The tracks will be more and more amazing. Stay tuned for tomorrow--15-11!

No comments:

Post a Comment